Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thank You For Checking In!

Twenty posts in, and the Rational Middle continues to grow. I wanted to take a moment and thank those of you who have logged in over the last ten weeks, and to welcome those of you who are new. The mission of this space is to provide a place for civil conversations on our democracy, business, sports, and the world.

Through the growing pains (and the typos and questionable grammar) many of you have been regular readers and shared your comments with me through email and in person. I have appreciated all of the conversations, and continue to look forward to more in the future. The one thing that has been missing is commentary on the blog itself. I would like to encourage everyone to take a moment after reading a post to type your thoughts into the space provided.

This blog, and (I think) any other space that purports to report or comment on current events, is meaningless without conversation and contrast. The commentary I will welcome the most is that which diverges from or criticizes the content of my points. It is easy to have civil conversation when all in the room are in agreement on the topic. The exercise and challenge comes when divergent points of view are registered. So please speak up!

Finally, I would like to invite any who wish to register as a friend of the site (the blog defaults to "follower" which is a term I dislike...I would be creeped out if I had followers). Also, please don't hesitate to pass along the site address to other friends who might be interested. The more the merrier!

So once again, thank you for checking in and, as always, the rational middle looks forward to your commentary!

1 comment:

  1. We've enjoyed the last 10 weeks. Glad to see that instead of wasting a mind, you are challenging yours. Not sure that I agree with your generous words about Joe Wilson and his wars, but dissent is something our country is known for and should continue to honor. Mom

    ReplyDelete